Battersea Fields Practice (BFP) serves a highly deprived area of North Battersea. The Austin Road practice was established in 1988 and due to strong encouragement by the then Family Practitioner Committee (FPC), a branch surgery was opened on the Patmore Estate in 1991 due to concern about the pocket of extreme deprivation and significant health needs particularly on the Patmore estate. We are additionally a training and research practice and pride ourselves on helping student doctors and nurses gain experience working in the health environment.
Putting patients and the public first
This involves putting patients at the heart of everything that we do, giving them more choice and control. Making it easier for patients to access the care that they need.
Improving Healthcare Outcomes
BFP’s focus is on clinical outcomes with success monitored through outcome measures and welcomes the new KPI’s as a tool to address the key prevalence’s within Battersea.
BFP has focused on the following:
· Preventing people from dying prematurely
· Enhancing quality of life with long term conditions
· Helping people to recover from episodes of ill health or following injury
· Ensuring that people have a positive experience of care
· Treating and caring for people in a safe environment and protecting them from avoidable harm
We are a member of the local Wandsworth Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), as well as a member of the local federation of GPs.
Our Care Quality Commissioning Certification Number is: CRT1-558989445